Sunday, April 10, 2011

A week without daddy...

Really, we do love each other, we just can't have any evidence of it....

Stand Up Woody!!!


Is this a good pose mom?

Waking up Happy!!


This week was a long one. With daddy out of town, I had to get creative with the kids, well not terribly creative, but we had to keep busy with things to do or else it would have seemed an eternity without the extra help around. Accomplishments included taking the kids to the Zoo twice, outfitting them for the summer, getting rid of Ethan's Binky..."the Bink"... baking cookies and trying to keep the house in order...

So what did everyone do this week?

Scott - Was half way around the world in Goa, India at a conference for work. Rough life, I know... But he got to endure 35 hours of 4 flights, customs, security checks and all the travel delights each way, so I suppose it wasn't all that glamorous... He got to swim in the Arabian Sea, eat Indian food 3 meals a day and got to enjoy the warm sunshine as his wrist gives away how much sun he got while wearing his watch...at the beach... He enjoyed the experience and getting to know people that he will be working with over the next several months.

Brittany - Happy to report that I only nearly cried once this week while Scott was gone. I think that reading my scriptures and praying every night only brought the extra blessings of patience with Ethan this week. Especially since he slapped me in the face while I was trying to get him in his car seat at Target, because he really wanted to run around the parking lot and touch all the cars.... I know if I had not had the extra strength within I would have gone nuclear but I kept my cool. I was happy to hear that the weather was going to get warmer so I went and got the kids a few warm weather outfits, hopefully I won't need to shop again anytime soon.... Shopping with 2 is an interesting experience. I took the kids to 2 different Zoos this week and Ethan enjoyed learning the names of the animals and seeing them in action, we got to hear a Lion roar and Ethan loved watching the Otters swim. I am finding it a lot of fun to watch Ethan's vocabulary and sentence structure mature.

Yesterday I baked Chocolate Chip cookies, the first cookies to get baked since December... And I made up for the lack of cookie eating these past few months... Guess I will have to workout 4 days this week instead of 3...

This week I was also asked to do the wedding favors of a friends son's wedding in August as a paid job:) That is so exciting... maybe this will be the start to having my own side business of custom creations. I am very excited!

Ethan - So we are now 2.5 days into having no binky. Friday afternoon I slipped a "Woody" interactive doll under the Toys R Us cart and then that afternoon before nap nabbed all the binkys and stowed them away. I told Ethan that the Binky Fairy came and took them all up high into the sky because he is such a big boy and doesn't need them anymore and she left him a present in his room. He didn't seem to mind at all, because he had a cool new toy. After missing a few naps and going to bed fine until today.... he finally had his meltdown. I went to tuck him in his bed for nap and he said "Binky?" and then proceeded to cry about the missing binks. I had to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 2 times before he calmed down and then went to sleep.

Jenna - Happy baby, such a trooper with all the love Ethan gives her. She is getting to be very smiley and I am picking up on all or most of her cues for eating, and sleep and change of activity or change me mom I am soiled. She is such a joy and we are having fun looking at each other and doing Patty Cake, which she thinks is quite silly.

No comments: