Thursday, May 19, 2011

May days...

Ethan insisted Jenna eat dinner with everyone....

Looking through the rocks with Papa Holley

Getting some Papa love!

Our patriotic Shark Boy...

So this time the cars didn't come through under the door during quiet time....

Jenna just being content and cute:)

So May days are here, and we thought that only April brought showers but that is not the case. We have had some teaser days of spring time warm days but they have for the mean time been quite gray. Some of my Favorite Ethan moments have occurred these past 10 days...

Ethan was eating his hot cereal when some dribbled out onto the table, which he decided to make a mess with...

"Ethan, please don't make a mess."
"It's my choice."
"What?"
"It's my choice mom." So matter of fact, that I was left speechless and confused at what to say to that coming out of my 2.5 year old....

Another favorite moment - Ethan came into the living room wrapped in a tan blanket...

"I look like a Pretzel!"

A few other things Ethan has picked up on are phrases that are in the interest of knowing how we are doing... aka... "How's it goin'?", "Are you happy?", "How's work going mom?"....

He also has a new favorite game called "OK?" - So we have the futon mattress up in the living room since Scott's dad came for a visit.... Now Ethan and I wrestle around it, pretending to fall and pick each other up - usually it turns into a let's tackle mommy while I scream fest.... it is quite silly.

So as I mentioned last month, we got rid of the bink, and replaced it with a Toy Story Woody Doll, well Woody has been beheaded and I am beginning to wonder if Ethan Errs more on the Sid side of the fence rather than the Andy side. Woody took quite a beating when Ethan decided that to make his hat come off he wouldn't just take it off, he had to throw Woody across the room. I promised him we would get some super glue to try and mend him but not even gorilla glue super glue could fix poor, lifeless, beheaded Woody. We might have to lay him to rest....

Jenna on the other hand has become quite the little gal. Her favorite things are "playing with Ethan" Which en tales Ethan getting in her face and ripping his glasses off squealing in delight and then getting them dirty before I can confiscate the expensive "toy". She also loves when you sing "Old McDonald", "Wheels on the bus", and "Patty Cake". She also loves to grab my arm and eat it during diaper changes, with a little growl to boot. I decided today that we should try some Rice cereal and it went well, but it will take some getting used to. He we go again! She is lot's of fun to snuggle these days and I love the big silent smiles!

Scott has become a Gardening maniac. Our apartment had some serious weed overgrowth and a not so attractive back yard. He has, in even pouring rain, weeded, potted flowers and rolled up the fake Astroturf/green carpet in the backyard(yeah you read that right, low maintenance for you know who), and begun preparing it for sod. He is bound and determined that we have some grass to play soccer on with Ethan, as it is getting a little hard to play indoors without fearing some calamity with the decor.

I have been keeping up with the kids and entertaining them and just making sure the basics are met. It is my job. I am learning to love it. Is has been a rough road getting here but I feel that since I have made better efforts to work on my spiritual side, I think the blessings of patience are starting to arrive. Maturing as a mom has been a journey that is not over yet but I feel I am in a good place today, we will see tomorrow.....



No comments: